Monday, March 19, 2007

Thinking Bloggers


Jill at My Individual Take was kind enough to nominate me for a Thinking Blogger Award. According to the rules, each nominee is to nominate five more blogs -- a task that should be simple, but which has left me stymied for the past few days. (I can stare at a bookshelf for more than 5 minutes while debating which title to read -- now I have to select five blogs?)

Although I'm probably not supposed to, I (re)nominate My Individual Take, because Jill's the one who got me started on all of this, and her thoughts about books are often so different from my own that she makes me reevaluate some of my ideas.

A Reader's Journal, because she reads so voraciously and expansively

A Commonplace Book, because of Julius Lester's magnificent writing and reflections, as well as the stunning photos

Oz and Ends, for the analysis and excellent introduction to contemporary YA fantasy/sf

(I know that’s only four – choosing a fifth required one decision too many...)

1 Comments:

Blogger Monica Edinger said...

Cool! I chose two out of four of those too when I was tapped! Both of J Bell's blogs get me thinking, but Julius's gets me in the most transcendent state of all.

9:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home