Friday, March 16, 2007

And yet another challenge...

Just went over to look at A Reader's Journal and discovered she's found another intriguing reading challenge -- 15 Books in 15 Decades . Her rationale for joining echoes my own -- the need for an extra push to try books I might not otherwise read, with the added incentive that the selections can overlap with those from other challenges. Right now, I'm going for an unimpressive 6, mostly because my current read is George Waller's Kidnap: The Story of the Lindbergh Case from 1961, and the TBR challenge includes titles from several of the other decades. So, the current list is

2000s - Hitler's Daughter
1990s - Reviving Ophelia
1980s - Name of the Rose
1970s - Transformations
1960s - Kidnap
1950s - The Case of the Grinning Gorilla (one of the only two ESG Perry Mason books I've never read, and it's sitting tantalizingly on the bottom shelf...)



3 Comments:

Blogger 1morechapter said...

Glad to have you on the challenge!

5:54 AM  
Blogger Booklogged said...

Besides my rational - this challenge just sounds too fun to pass up. I look forward to your thoughts about Kidnap. The Lindbergh's hold an interest. I bought 2 Perry Mason books a couple of years ago while in Oregon. I need to get them read on of these days. Maybe I'll put one of them in for 1950 since it will be much easier reading than the Silver Chalice!

8:36 PM  
Blogger Jill ONeill said...

I'm still working my way through the January-February Classics Challenge. Yes, I know we're nearing the end of March

Your choices look good!

5:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home