Saturday, January 27, 2007

Another reading challenge and list...


Since I missed the deadline for the Chunkster Challenge, which would actually have allowed me to list only The Name of the Rose (a title I'm determined to tackle), I'm going to try for the 2007 TBR challenge, which requires 12 (!) books be posted by 1/31. Here's my somewhat eclectic list (most of which won't be tackled until after the Classics Challenge):

summer reading
1. The Name of the Rose
2. Reviving Ophelia
-------------
faster fare (juveniles):
3. Black Duck (hasn't quite been on the TBR list 6 months, but will be by the time I get to it)
4. Tequila Worm (ditto)
5. A Certain Slant of Light
6. Love, Ruby Lavender
7. Hitler's Daughter
-------
miscellany:
8. Reshaping of Everyday Life
9. Floating Girl
10. Stravaganza: City of Light (which will also entail rereading Stravaganza: City of Masks)
11. School Stories (19th century juvenile)
12. Larry (ditto)
-------
alternates (because what's life without some flexibility?):
1. Scarlet Pimpernel (if overlap with the classics challenge is allowed)
2. Life of Pi

2 Comments:

Blogger Booklogged said...

I certainly don't mind the overlapping. I'm doing some of that to meet all three of the challenges I'm involved in.

Looks like a great list. Some books I haven't heard of, so you'll be introducing me to them. Look forward to reading your thoughts about them.

10:56 PM  
Blogger Jill ONeill said...

You always are ahead of me on planning out your lists, aren't you? I can't think much past the end of whatever month I'm in...

12:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home