Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Decades '08 Challenge


After seeing a notice about the Decades '08 Challenge -- 8 books from 8 consecutive decades -- over at A Reader's Journal, I decided it might be an effective way to review some historic children's series books.

Here's my tentative list (which will probably be revised by 2008...):

1842 Cousin Lucy at Study - Jacob Abbott
1850 Mary Erskine - Jacob Abbott
1864 Little Suzy - Sophie May
1870 Bodleys Afoot - Horace Scudder

1886 Among the Trees at Elmridge - Ella Rodman Church
1896 A Little Girl in Old New York - Amanda Douglas
1903 Billy Whiskers - Frances Trego Montgomery
1911 Dutch Twins - Lucy Fitch Perkins

2 Comments:

Blogger Booklogged said...

That's a fun list, Mary. I haven't heard of any of those books, but I love reading children's books. Look forward to your reviews.

9:44 PM  
Blogger Booklogged said...

Whoops! I had Mary in my mind when I wrote that last comment. Sorry about that. I really should look at one thing while I'm doing another. The only multi-tasking I've been successful at was eating and reading at the same time!

9:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home